Sunday, July 10, 2005

Model: Maria

Maria
Maria,
uploaded by Fuzzytek.

Maria brought her sister Rose on the shoot with us, which was quite helpful. Sometimes we're just grabbing stuff and running to the next shoot location.

We started off the shoot climbing up to the railroad tracks near my home. I have to reflect back on this... Maria could have fallen, gotten scrapped up, etc - she came through it great. We had an Amtrak train come through during the time we were there, too bad it wasn't a freight train that could have been in the picture longer. Rose had a surprise walking back to the car - a stick punctured the rubber sole of her flip-flops. Thankfully it just got stuck under her foot, not into her foot.

We drove off to my favorite photo site - Cranbrook. First time shoot for me on the nature trail. I think as the weather progresses there are going to be more bugs in there. Maria let us know in a startled way of her fear of spiders as she was holding a branch of a tree containing some large spiders. She also got a few bites on the arm. I really do have to be careful the sequence of locations - something to consider.

We then went for the architecture. It was a bit rushed at the end since she had a babysitting appointment immediately following the shoot. I'd like to do a follow-up shoot with more architecture areas and into some downtown areas too. Perhaps some funkier, edgy clothes too.

Maria is a very photogenic person. She has a great smile and brings it out easily. She takes direction well and is creating her own poses along the way. As I tell all the models I work with - it's all about creating lines in the frame that lead the eye around.

Here are some random photos from the shoot. Click here for a full gallery of photos.

No comments: