Sunday, October 30, 2005

Halloween weekend progress report: Friday

Plans versus reality - do we have to live in disappointment when our plans are not met? ~Laughs~ I just step out of the condition for a moment look around and proceed.

Friday recap - Ziam and friends

My plans originally were to meet Ziam at Caribou Coffee in Royal Oak at 6pm. We spoke in the afternoon and shifted that to 8pm at Niki's in Detroit. So what happens? I run late 7:08 and watch my bus taking off from the bus stop from 1/4 mile away. I called the number I had been called from (Ziam has no phone) and tell them I'll be there at 9pm. I have to wait 45 minutes for the next bus, then travel an hour. I hate repeating that destiny over and over of missing the bus!!

What to do? Lover's Lane is a short walk from 13 Mile & Woodward. I walked in and opened up a photographer's account with them. I picked up a nice lace & sheer black gown and jacket set along with some stain black long gloves for the photoshoot in Toledo on Saturday.

So if you're looking for sexy clothing to use in a photoshoot talk with me about using my discount.

I got to Niki's (Lover's Lane bag in one hand, laptop in a shoulder bag too) and wait to see Ziam. We wander over to Fishbones where Aisha(sp?) is waiting at the bar. I got the laptop plugged in and we looked through photos, drank a little and enjoyed the band playing pop music covers. I think we were kinda animated and the talk of several tables around us. I guess creative people (read crazy) attract attention. We had a great time sharing photos even if we didn't get to specifics in futures planning for AID. He promised to come out to my place and discuss things more thoroughly very soon.

Around 12:30 we wrapped things up and I had some time to wait for the 1:17 bus (last one) to get me home. I found the Rock Harvest Fest tent across the street from Delux on Monroe. Inside I saw Aphrodite and talked with her a bit. I like her and hope our paths continue to cross more frequently. She doesn't live that far away and we both seem to enjoy the same events too. I also saw John from the band White.

I left around 1am to get over to Woodward. Outside Oslo is a great spot to wait for the bus - you can people watch all night. SunnyJ came along and we talked a bit before she went inside. We need to hold a photoshoot soon. I LOVE the big blue eyelashes!!! Those HAVE TO be in the photoshoot.

Looking down the block I walked to Bleu to see who else might be out... I talked with Pam about photos I took from the Real Big Hairball. I also had to confess I had her mixed up with Mahogany and that's so weird because they really don't look the same. I guess I had my friends of friends association for them mixed up.

Then along comes Andi and I give her a big whirl around hug. She's great ... I could tell she was gonna have a fun time. For me it was time to board the bus, walk home and rest before the Toledo Halloween shoot.

No comments: