Monday, November 21, 2005

Photoshoot: Latoya

Saturday I met Latoya and we went to Metro Image Gallery for photos. It was my first time visiting the location which is at 135 Cadillac near Ham Heaven and Checker Grille. So I met Jordan Fox and delivered 3 photos from my shoot with Jon & Briana for display in his gallery. I still owe him money to frame them. It gets pretty expensive to put your work on exhibit! I've spent $450 in ink, paper, frames in the past week. I'm glad Mike's got the Epson R1800 to print the photos with. It beats selecting them and requesting prints from the lab over the internet. Although I think the price from the internet lab is comparable to printing at home.

I've posted proofs from the shoot online. We stopped by MAC at Somerset and picked out makeup for the shoot. Yes - my first time doing makeup for a shoot. I had the artistic concept in my head, all it took is the person and supplies.

We first took photos of Latoya in her own makeup. She got pretty creative in the poses.

Then we took about 20 minutes to apply the metallics. I think I could have used a palette and body lotion in doing the makeup. This first experience I learned how the makeup came out of the kit and applied onto the body.

I'll be printing photos for display at Liquid Silver on Saturday. You'll find wonderful work for sale.

No comments: