Tuesday, April 04, 2006

AID April photoshoot

I woke up and was completely unaware of Daylight Savings time robbing me of an hour. GREAT! I began fielding calls from people and one of the first was from the property owner. He has concerns about guests on his property and is under scrutiny by the legal system. So I had to move fast and Jessica came through using her father's machine shop in Dearborn as a new base to get the models prepared. from there I was plotting where to head next. I also wasn't prepared with transportation, so miscommunication on my part, so I had to ask Kat and Milly to get me from Royal Oak to Dearborn. Thanks ladies!

Just about everyone got the message on change of location and directions on getting there. By 12:30 everyone had gathered and Milly was applying makeup and handling hair styling. I was going through outfits styling the look for the shoot... I guess that puts another label on me. I also messed around a little with Kat's eyeshadow.

I took photos around the back lot, adjacent machine shop, by the railroad tracks, and just goofing off getting ready. Around 4pm I was looking at heading into Detroit for a location, but the amount of daylight and rain was a slight concern. So instead we headed to an older machine shop location. Our group became more and more creative with concepts and I wish there was another photographer in our group to keep up with the flood of ideas.

I enjoyed the magnifying glass and metal filings photos that we wrapped up the shoot with. Both concepts that I'm very interested in exploring further. Thanks to everyone attending...

  • Milly (MUA) - love the looks you create and you did great on hair!
  • Jessica
  • Sarah
  • Kat
  • Mario
  • Dimitri
  • Kevin

Note: photos being processed and will be added to this post today.

No comments: